Constantine Michigan

About Constantine

Content updated April 2016
  • "Seed corn capital of the world", Constantine farms are responsible for 10% of the seed corn produced in the US
  • Established in 1837
  • Estimated population: 2000
  • Approximately 1.77 square miles
  • US 131 was recently rerouted to bypass the village
  • The Fawn River converges with the St. Joseph River in Constantine
  • Named after Constantine the Great
  • Historic Location: Governor John S. Barry House; Meeks Mill; Harvey House, built in 1903

© Copyright 2018 St. Joseph County Michigan. All rights reserved.