Content updated April 2016
- The village of Mendon was established in 1856
- Estimated population: 960
- A top academic school in Southwest Michigan
- Mendon High School has won 13 State Championships in football
- Approximately 1.02 square miles
- Annual festival: Mendon Riverfest: Reed River Park on the bank of the St. Joseph river. The festival began in 1987 at Wakeman House, but moved to Reed River Park when it grew. The festival is the third weekend in August each year and includes events such as a lip sync contest, canoe swap, casino night and toy boat race with fireworks on the river.